Technical Sales Representative
Nu-West is a vibrant Canadian owned and operated growing organization with six locations across Western Canada. We are an integral part of a larger coast to coast organization together with the Nadeau, Impro, and Scotia Insulation banners. We are local business units in each location that are empowered for decision making. We offer sound advice, superior service and the ability to combine our knowledge and relationships to develop real solutions for our customers.
This Technical Sales Representative position is based out of our Saskatoon location. The successful person in this role will enjoy the challenge of participating in all aspects of an ever growing sales branch and an expanding company.
Technical Sales Representative
- Source, identify and develop potential customers and sales opportunities. Source, identify and qualify current & future construction project sales opportunities
- Contact customers, prospects and project professionals to explain features and merits of Nu-West products or services offered, utilizing persuasive and consultative sales techniques.
- Maintain superior customer relations and service. Perform account management activities to build and maintain relationships with assigned customers & prospects.
- Field customer concerns and recommend solutions for resolution and act as a resource and facilitator to resolve customer service issues as they arise.
- Assess customer needs and resources, and recommending the appropriate goods or services
- Make routine visits to customers, and evaluate level of customer satisfaction.
- Research, document and maintain an extensive knowledge of the products, prices and service standards of competitors.
- Achieve territory yearly and monthly sales targets as defined by the Territory Sales Manager. Participate in the market planning and technical development and training of products and services.
- Perform contract review activities to quote product solutions and prices, develop management approved proposals as part of sales presentations to illustrate the benefits of using Nu-West products.
- Follow-up on presentations and quotes to execute sales close of sales process. Use the ERP system to track the position and progress of customers, prospects within the sales process. Monitor the market, tracking the projects our customers are working on or bidding within ERP system.
- In a team effort: Work with assigned branch team to enable customer goods are delivered in Win/Win fashion. Ensure customer has sufficient credit to purchase. Be involved in the collection of payments on accounts as required.
- Support corporate and strategic goals by identifying and developing goals and implementing activities to achieve those goals. In a team effort, coordinate activities with related activities of other sales team members, branches or departments to ensure efficient and economical accomplishment of company mission and goals.
- Maintain an extensive working knowledge of Nu-West products and their uses as well as their competing products.
- Correctly complete all reports necessary as assigned, to keep management apprised of sales activity; submit reports on a timely basis.
- Other duties as required which includes travel.
Key Skills and Experience
- Business development mindset, skills and demonstrated success
- Relationship sales approach
- Blue print reading
- Technology competence including Microsoft Windows and Office
Competitive wage including benefits, commissions and bonuses.
Our remuneration package consists of base salary, performance based incentives and a benefits package including health and dental insurance. The start date for this position is negotiable, but for the right individual it is available immediately.
If you are interested in being considered during our recruitment process, please send your resume to humanresources@ nu-west.ca.